So, as the days are cooling down, it is always nice to plan a nice warm, comforting breakfast.
Especially during lockdown it is nice to try something new, that you know is going to hit the spot and that you can sit and enjoy it in a sunny spot.
Lately my favourite has been warm apple cinnamon oats.
It is so delicious, and taste like apple pie!
It is super easy to make, full of good carbs, fat and loaded with nutrients. It will keep you full all morning and keep your tummy warm and happy.
Here is what you will need: (this will make a steaming pot of oats for two!)
3/4 cup of rolled oats
1 1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup of coconut milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 apple diced
A pinch of salt
- Add the water, coconut milk and oats to a pot. Turn on the burner to low and stir.
- Chop up the dates and add to the oats.
- Add the cinnamon, diced apple and salt.
- Keep stirring and allow oats to cook slowly on the stove.
- It will be done with the oats is nice and thick and creamy.
- Add to a bowl and add a few toppings.
- A dollop of peanut butter or tahini, flaxseed and walnuts are always a good idea!